This page provides information on the collection of personal data when you visit our website. Personal data is any information concerning you personally, e.g. name, home address, email address, user behaviour.
I. Name and Address of the institution and contact of data protection officer
Legally accountable institution as per art. 4 para. 7 GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is
Phone +49 (0)731/50-10
Fax +49 (0)731/50-22038
Value added tax identification number DE173703203
Ulm University is a corporation under public law. It is legally represented by its President Prof. Dr.-Ing. Michael Weber (praesident(at)uni-ulm.de) or its Chief Financial Officer Dieter Kaufmann (kanzler(at)uni-ulm.de)
If you have questions concerning data protection, please send an email to the data protection officer to dsb(at)uni-ulm.de or a letter with the additional specification “Datenschutzbeauftragte” to the above-mentioned address.
II. General information on data processing
- Collection of general data and information
The website of the UPSIDES project collects a series of general data and information when a data subject or automated system calls up the website. This general data and information are stored in the server log files. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include:
– IP addresses (shortened to the last 12 bits and deleted after 7 days)
– browser type
– Internet Service Provider (ISP)
– date and time stamp
– referring/exit pages
– the number of clicks.
These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
- Collection of personal information
We receive and save any information you knowingly provide to us when you fill any online form on the website. In addition, you have the option to get in touch with contact persons of UPSIDES group via the provided email addresses. Such personal data transmitted on a voluntary basis by a data subject to the UPSIDES group are stored for the purpose of processing or contacting the data subject. There is no transfer of this personal data to third parties. Your data will be saved until objection and deleted after the end of the project. You can inform yourself at any time about your data and request a publication, deletion or rectification.
The UPSIDES group offers users the possibility to leave individual comments on individual blog contributions on the website of the UPSIDES project. If a data subject leaves a comment on the blog published on this website, the comments made by the data subject are also stored and published, as well as information on the date of the commentary and on the user’s name (or pseudonym chosen by the data subject). In addition, the IP address assigned by the Internet service provider (ISP) to the data subject is also logged. This storage of the IP address takes place for security reasons, and in case the data subject violates the rights of third parties, or posts illegal content through a given comment. The storage of these personal data is, therefore, in the own interest of the UPSIDES group, so that they can exculpate in the event of an infringement. This collected personal data will not be passed to third parties, unless such a transfer is required by law or serves the aim of the defense of the UPSIDES group.
- Social networks and YouTube
UPSIDES group maintains web presence in the social network Twitter. You can also watch videos of UPSIDES project on YouTube. These presences can only be opened via links. We deliberately refrain from embedding social plug-ins in order to prevent direct data exchange.
- TLS encryption
We use state-of-the-art encryption methods (e.g. TLS) via HTTPS in order to protect the security of your data during transfer.
III. Your rights as “data subject”
You have the following rights with regards to personal data concerning you:
- Right to information and access to your personal data that are stored by us (art. 15 GDPR)
- Right to rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data (art. 16 GDPR)
- Right to erasure of stored personal data, so long as their processing is not necessary for the purpose of exercising the right to freedom of speech and information, for the fulfilment of legal obligations, for reasons of public interest or the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims (art. 17 GDPR)
- Right to restriction of processing of personal data (art. 18 GDPR)
- Right to object to processing that serves our legitimate or a public interest, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims (art. 21 GDPR); you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing and use of your personal data at any time with effect for the future (art. 7 para. 3 GDPR). In consequence, we must discontinue the data processing which was based on this consent in the future.
- Right to data portability (art. 20 GDPR)
You furthermore have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority for data protection regarding the processing of your personal data by us.
IV. Webdesign & Webhosting
Internet- und Medienagentur Website-Art, Germany
Internet Access Center Düsseldorf, Germany